At Pagosa Brokers Real Estate, we love to share tips and information to help make the process of buying or selling a home easier!
Tips for a Different Kind of Year
This year, we’ve seen low interest rates for mortgages, and homes going to market and selling very fast. If you’re a buyer in this economy you’ll want to take note of some things that will help you gain an edge in getting the property you really want!
We came across seven tips from Forbes magazine to up your chances of success when buying a home in 2020.
7 Ways to Gain an Edge
- Speed Matters! Get in and do it quick. If you find a home you like, be ready to make that offer!
- Pick an Experienced Agent. You’re already in the right place! At Pagosa Brokers Real Estate we know our market. Since 1982, we’ve provided what we like to call, ‘Legendary Service,’ and it’s still our commitment today.
- Be Prepared. Know how much you want to spend, get pre-approved, find a reputable home inspector. We’ll help guide you through this if it’s your first time, or you’re a veteran buyer.
- Get Pre-approved. Your mortgage lender will help find the right loan for your lifestyle, and can set up pre-approval.
- Expect Competition. The market is tight! With more buyers looking than there are homes on the market. Be ready.
- Prepare your Down Payment. Know how much you can put down to make the offer as attractive as possible for a home seller. Don’t liquidate your savings! Make sure you are within your comfort level.
- Patience Can Pay Off. There are still homes that aren’t selling immediately. Sellers may be willing to negotiate more if their home has been listed for awhile. Plus many people who may have taken a listing down at the peak of the pandemic may re-list their properties soon.
Read more on this topic from Forbes, here.
Looking for a Place?
Our roots are in Pagosa Springs, and experience matters! We’d love to help you gain an edge in finding your perfect Colorado home.
Our Brokerage firm has friendly knowledgeable agents, and Southwest Colorado realty experience spanning decades. In Pagosa Springs, Colorado, count on Pagosa Brokers Real Estate. We’d be happy to help guide you through the stages of home buying and selling!
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.